Your Small Business Faces Big Threats
A data breach is one of the biggest threats not being addressed by business owners today.
Considering 73 percent of small businesses experience a cyber attack, it will most likely happen to you. However, 96 percent of data breaches are avoidable through simple or intermediary controls, according to a Verizon/Secret Service study.
Unfortunately, not being aware of the consequences associated with a data breach and reacting poorly puts you at risk of losing thousands of dollars, if not your entire business.
First Watch has an affordable data breach solution to help the small business owner prepare, react, and mitigate financial risks, including $100,000 (after first $1,000)* in Risk Protection.
Download the brochure or download white papers.
See what risks your small business faces by taking our free Organizational Risk Assessment.
What is a Data Breach?
A data breach is the intentional or unintentional release of personal, sensitive information to an untrusted environment. This can either be your customers’ information or your employees’ information. With laws in 47 states and federal laws defining what is considered a data breach and what you must do to be compliant, First Watch has the solutions to help you react quickly and accurately when a breach occurs. Learn More
This is a Serious Risk
Thieves target small businesses because they lack the security budgets of big companies. In fact, 63 percent of data breaches are at companies with fewer than 100 employees. A data breach to a small to midsize company on average costs $38,000.
It’s not a matter of if, but when
Approximately 50 percent of small companies were breached in the last 12 months. If you cannot answer yes to all of these questions, then you are not prepared.
- Do you know there are laws in 47 states and federal law that require companies to maintain data breach protection?
- Have you adopted a Written Information Security Program (WISP) as required by law?
- Do you have a written plan in place when your data breach technology defenses are defeated?
- Are you legally compliant and adequately protected for data breaches?
- Are you actively training employees about data breach security?
Don’t be unprepared, because you have a lot to lose.
* First Watch Risk Protection benefits are backed by an insurance policy issued by a member company of AIG to First Watch Technologies, Inc. Purchasers of the 360 Plan receive this benefit from First Watch and are not insureds under the insurance policy. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the benefits described. Please refer to the Summary of Benefits for details.
View our 360 Plan